As a coordinated and integrated entity, ASEAN is thriving and will continue to experience growth and prosperity.
At SMU, we will equip you with the necessary skills and perspectives – hard knowledge skills, soft people skills, ethics and social responsibility to capitalise on ASEAN’s blossoming opportunities. Your time at SMU will allow you to form firm friendships and budding networks with SMU students from 30 nations. Most of all, this scholarship will grant you the prestige and opportunities that will make you an invaluable asset in the global economy.
- Full-time SMU first year undergraduate student
- Citizens from ASEAN countries* (excluding Singapore citizens)
- Outstanding academic results
- Demonstrates leadership and communications skills
- Good record of co-curricular activity and/or community service involvement
- Good character record
*ASEAN countries comprise Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Covers annual tuition fees for four years
- Provides an annual living allowance of S$5,800
Tuition Grant Scheme
Scholars are required to apply for the tuition grant provided by the Singapore Government. Under the tuition grant scheme, scholars will be required to work in Singapore-registered companies for a minimum period of three years upon graduation.
- For a full list of our SMU administered scholarships, click here
- For a list of our Scholarships / Financial Aid offered by external organisations, click here
Your application for scholarships is to be made at the same time as your application for admission to SMU. Click here to apply to SMU.
(applicants seeking admissions)
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Tel: +65 6828 0980
Fax: +65 6828 0303
Scholarship / Award Enquiries
(students enrolled in SMU)
Centre for Student Financial Assistance
Contact CSFA for Tuition Fee Loan, Study Loan, SMU Education Loan, Student Computer Loan, Bursaries and all other financial assistance schemes.
Tel: +65 6828 0264 / 6828 0486 / 6828 9556 / 6808 5199 / 6828 0453 / 6828 0501 / 6828 0160
Fax: +65 6828 0647
Office of Finance (OFN)
Contact OFN for CPF Education Scheme, Mendaki Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy Scheme, and Post-Secondary Education Account.
More information on Student Financial Assistance Schemes, please click here.