Made possible by a generous gift from the Lee Foundation, the Lee Kong Chian Scholars’ Programme is one of our most prestigious scholarships offering high-calibre individuals the exciting opportunities to a holistic, intellectual and entrepreneurial development.
LKCSP scholars can look forward to a full four-year tuition fee waiver for the duration of the double degree programme (DDP) enrolment (five years for the DDP in Law), a one-off notebook grant, book allowance, sponsorship for an international exchange programme, an overseas study mission, and an international community service project.
Our dedicated Centre for Scholars’ Development (CSD) implements and oversees development programmes for our LKCSP scholars and is committed to guide and to develop he intellectual and holistic growth of our scholars.
Up to 50 scholarships are awarded each year.
"The programme is a fantastic opportunity for young Singaporeans because it develops the scholars into well-rounded individuals. Beyond the technical skills gained from double degrees, you get lots of overseas exposure through the exchange programmes, business study trips and community service projects!"
- Full-time SMU first year undergraduate student of any nationality pursuing a double degree programme, with Business Management as one of the two degrees
- Outstanding academic results
- Demonstrates leadership and communications skills
- Substantial record of co-curricular activity and/or community service involvement
Tuition fee waiver (after MOE tuition grant subsidy)
An Overseas Student Exchange / Summer Programme Grant, S$12,000
A Study Trip Grant, S$3,000 (one-off)
An Overseas Community Service Project, S$1,000 (one-off)
Laptop Allowance, S$1,800 (one-off)
- Participation in development opportunities offered by the Centre for Scholars’ Development
- Scholarship is bond-free
Tuition Grant Scheme
Non-Singaporean scholars are required to apply for the tuition grant provided by the Singapore Government. Under the tuition grant scheme, scholars will be required to work in Singapore-registered companies for a minimum period of three years upon graduation.
- For a full list of our SMU administered scholarships, click here
- For a list of our Scholarships / Financial Aid offered by external organisations, click here
- Application for scholarships is to be made at the same time as your application for admission to SMU. Click here to apply to SMU.
- Applicants are required to submit a scholarship personal essay (to be completed and submitted online when applying for admission) and a letter of recommendation by their tutor or principal. Details on how to nominate your referee can be found in the online application for admission (under Scholarship section). Please ensure that you give sufficient time to your referee to submit his/her recommendation online.
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on their academic qualifications and the strength of their non-academic records.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to SMU for a panel interview.
(applicants seeking admissions)
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Tel: +65 6828 0980
Fax: +65 6828 0303
Scholarship / Award Enquiries
(students enrolled in SMU)
Centre for Student Financial Assistance
Contact CSFA for Tuition Fee Loan, Study Loan, SMU Education Loan, Student Computer Loan, Bursaries and all other financial assistance schemes.
Tel: +65 6828 0264 / 6828 0486 / 6828 9556 / 6808 5199 / 6828 0453 / 6828 0501 / 6828 0160
Fax: +65 6828 0647
Office of Finance (OFN)
Contact OFN for CPF Education Scheme, Mendaki Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy Scheme, and Post-Secondary Education Account.
More information on Student Financial Assistance Schemes, please click here.