The new SMU Merit Scholarship Programme opens doors to an enriching and exciting learning opportunity that will broaden your horizons and groom you into an inspiring and impactful leader of the future.
Enjoy the flexibility of a single or double degree, with a generous package that includes a full four-year tuition fee waiver for the duration of the double degree programme (DDP) enrolment (five years for the DDP in Law), and growth opportunities allowance.
Our dedicated Centre for Scholars’ Development (CSD) implements and oversees development programmes for our scholars and is committed to guide and to develop the intellectual and holistic growth of our scholars.
Up to 35 SMU Merit Scholarships will be awarded in Academic Year 2017-18. The SMU Scholars' Programme (SMUSP) will no longer be offered from AY2017-18 onwards.
- Be Singapore Citizens
- Possess outstanding academic results
- Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities and potential
- Possess excellent records in co-curricular and/or community activities
- Be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree programme at SMU
- Tuition fee waiver (after MOE tuition grant subsidy)
Growth opportunities allowance of S$12,000 to fund part or combination of the following:- Overseas Community Service Projects (compulsory),- Global Exposure opportunities that include Overseas Student Exchanges / Summer Programmes, School Study Missions- Case Competitions- Presentations at Conferences
- Participation in development opportunities offered by the Centre for Scholars’ Development
- Scholarship is bond-free
- For a full list of our SMU administered scholarships, click here
- For a list of our Scholarships / Financial Aid offered by external organisations, click here
- Application for scholarships is to be made at the same time as your application for admission to SMU. Click here to apply to SMU.
- Applicants are required to submit a scholarship personal essay (to be completed and submitted online when applying for admission) and a letter of recommendation by their tutor or principal. Details on how to nominate your referee can be found in the online application for admission (under Scholarship section). Please ensure that you give sufficient time to your referee to submit his/her recommendation online.
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on their academic qualifications and the strength of their non-academic records.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to SMU for a panel interview.
(applicants seeking admissions)
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Tel: +65 6828 0980
Fax: +65 6828 0303
Scholarship / Award Enquiries
(students enrolled in SMU)
Centre for Student Financial Assistance
Contact CSFA for Tuition Fee Loan, Study Loan, SMU Education Loan, Student Computer Loan, Bursaries and all other financial assistance schemes.
Tel: +65 6828 0264 / 6828 0486 / 6828 9556 / 6808 5199 / 6828 0453 / 6828 0501 / 6828 0160
Fax: +65 6828 0647
Office of Finance (OFN)
Contact OFN for CPF Education Scheme, Mendaki Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy Scheme, and Post-Secondary Education Account.
More information on Student Financial Assistance Schemes, please click here.